The week of February 16 to 20, 2015.
Monday – President’s Day Holiday, in honor of George Washington’s Birthday.
Tuesday – The Story of the Roman Empire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61BZ-O9Wuo Take notes! Participation grade! Be ready for a quiz!
Grade 8, World History I, Study Questions, February 17, 2015
The Story of the Roman Empire: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h61BZ-O9Wuo
- In 1,000 B.C. the site where Rome was to be built was what?
- What did the ancient Romans need to do before they could build a great city?
- What made Rome? A. It’s great natural harbor. B. It’s location at the crossroads of several major international trade routes. C. Romans made Rome. D. The fertile plains and great farmland around Rome that produced enough food to feed millions.
- The Roman acuaducts droped at what rate? A. One foot per 100 feet. B. One foot per 200 feet. C. One foot per 400 feet. D One meter per 1,000 meters.
- What Roman ruler transformed Rome from a city of brick to a city of marble?
- Name the palce where Romans got their White marble.
- Who built the Forum?
- What did the Forum contain?
- What happened in 64 A.D.?
- What technological innovation transformed Rome during Nero’s reign?
- What is the greatest domed building in ancient Rome?
- Rome was the first modern city. Explain why this is true or false.
Wednesday – QUIZ. Glencoe World History, Section 2 Assessment, page 162 1-7, DUE Wednesday, Febraury 18, 2015. The Roman Empire. Or Republic. Or…Which Was It?: Crash Course World History #10
Thursday – Culture and Society of the Roman World, Glencoe World History, pages 163 to 168.
Section 3 Assessment, page 168 DUE Friday.
Friday – Glencoe World History, pages 164 to 167.
The influence of Greco-Roman ideas and designs on Thomas Jefferson and the United States.