Grade 6, February 19, 2015
- Highlight UK claims in RED
- French in BLUE
- Spanish in YELLOW
- Russian in GREEN
Grade 6, European Colonization, Study Questions for February 19, 2015.
- What was the smallest of the European colonies?
- Who took took over New Sweden in 1655?
- Who took the New Netherlands in 1664?
- What European country was the first to colonize in America?
- In 1775 what country controlled most of North America?
1638 to 1655 Dutch
New Netherlands New Sweden
Denmark First successful English colony
Virginia The Virgin Islands
Russians Louisiana & Haiti
Spain controlled Cuba until 1898
List three colonies that you are interested in researching for you British Colony project.
The week of February 16 to 20, 2015.
Monday – President’s Day Holiday, in honor of George Washington’s Birthday.
Tuesday – Finish European colonization reports, Go over notes on colonization.
Wednesday – Review colonial territories.
The New Netherlands, Dutch Colonies in North America: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH1uGY16WJM
Thursday – European colonization QUIZ! See study questions above!
Friday – The British Colonies in North America