For students that received less then 70% on the Ancient Indian History and Geography Test, there will be a MANDATORY MAKE UP TEST on Wednesday, November 5, 2014, from 3:15 to 4:00 p.m. It is absolutely essential to study and know all the information we have covered in this section. Please mark this date and arrive on time! Each student is required to bring their own highlighters, colored pencils, #2 lead pencils, and a blue writing utensil. (You will not be able to share or borrow during the test.) It is essential for your success in World History I that you get a passing score of 70 or above. (All those who receive at least 70 will have their grade for this test changed to a 70.) Failure to retake this exam on the above date will greatly impact your ability to pass this class second quarter.
Study previous posts (MAPS!!!) on this blog and especially the following:
Reread Chapter 3 in Glencoe World History, pages 68 to 87.
Study Section Assessments 1 and 2, pages 79 and 86.
Indus Valley Civilization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7ndRwqJYDM
Harappan Civilization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCYx-_WqcKc
Buddha and Ashoka, Crash course #6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Nn5uqE3C9w
On the last page of the test you will draw a map of India!
Physical Features of India. Grade 8, RETAKE! 3:15-4:00, November 5, 2014.
Draw a map of India on the bottom half of this page, and place the following features on the map:
- Draw the rivers in blue and write the names of the rivers in blue. (4 points)
- Write the names of the water features in blue: Indian Ocean, Bay of Bengal, Arabian Sea. (6 points)
- Highlight the Thar Desert in yellow or orange and label it. (2 points)
- Color the fertile farmland green. (2 points)
- Using a dark color draw the Deccan Plateau and label it. (2 points)
- Draw in the 4 mountain ranges and label them. (8 points)
- Mark the spot and label 3 large cities in India. (6 points)
- Write Sri Lanka and Ceylon and put arrows to show their locations. (4 points)
- Draw blue arrows to show the direction of the wet monsoon. (2 points)
- When does 80% of the rain fall? (2 points)
- What does sub continent mean? (1 point)