September 15 to 19, 2014
Monday – Independence Day
Tuesday – Holiday
Wednesday – Review assignments. New Centers of Civilization, Glencoe World History, page 54 to 60, Chapter 2, Section 3 Assignment, page 60, 1 to 7. Due Thursday, September 18, 2014.
Thursday – Two journalists from Hong Kong will talk to us about Hong Kong and China, about history and politics, and answer questions.
Friday, September 19, 2014 – The Rise of New Empires, Glencoe World History, page 61 to 64.
Glue this into your notebook and answer the questions below.
- Define- satrapy, satrap, monarchy
- Identify- Assyrians, Nebuchadnezzar, Persians, Cyrus, Darius, Immortals, Zoroaster.
- Locate – Assyrian Empire, Persian Empire, Royal Road
- Describe – Who were the Immortals? What was their significance in the Persian Empire?
- List the duties of the satraps of the Persian government.
- Compare – How were the Assyrian and Persian systems of government different?
- Organizing information – Create a chart identifying the differences between a religious system based on monotheism and one based on polytheism.