April 30 to May 2, 2014
Monday – New Zealand
People, Places, and Change pages 710 to 713.
National Geographic Traveler: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJiN-TdlCFk
Geography of New Zealand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfVuyZY5aps
The Treaty of Waitangi: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hzr-F4Hfgjo
Be able to answer these questions about New Zealand On Tuesday:
- What are the names of the 2 main islands of New Zealand?
- Name the climate regions of New Zealand
- What are the main physical features?
- What percent of New Zealand’s people are Maori?
- What percent of New Zealand’s people live on the northern island?
- What is the highest mountain?
- What is the connection between Middle Earth and New Zealand?
- New Zealand is the world’s _____ largest producer of wool.
- More than 80% of New Zealand’s electricity comes from _________________
- Cricket and _____________ are major sports in New Zealand.
- Name a bird that lives in New Zealand.
- New Zealand was named by a sailor from __________________
Tuesday – Antarctica
Wednesday – News from Antarctica
Wednesday – Celebration of Learning
Thursday – Discovery Idol
Friday – Holiday, No School