DISCOVERY STUDENTS AT THE ABSH MATH OLYMPICS –We would like to congratulate our 4 teams who represented the school in the XII ABSH Math Olympics hosted by La Estancia School in collaboration with UNITEC. 28 schools from Honduras and more than 400 students gathered to compete in this prestigious event. The results for our participating students are as follows:
Basic Math: Elena Sánchez, Sebastián Muñoz and Ian Glynn VERY GOOD
Pre Álgebra: Marisa Gallego, Valeria Martínez, and Oliver Chang SUPERIOR PERFECT SCORE
Álgebra 1: Daniela Leal, Eduardo Retes, and Gabriel Rodríguez SUPERIOR
Geometry: Yuki Yamada, Victoria Glynn, and Dylan Hernández SUPERIOR
The school ranked 5/28 among the participating schools.
We want to recognize Ms. Regina, Ms. Ashley, and Ms. Gloria for coaching the teams all along the school year. Congratulations to our students, teachers, and proud parents!!!
MAP SPRING TESTING SESSION CONTINUES –This is week two of our spring testing session. Please continue to encourage your students to do their best in these assessments.
- GENERAL ASSEMBLY will be held on Thursday, May 16, beginning at 6:00 p.m. According to our by-laws, we need a quorum of at least 57 families represented–please join us at this year’s meeting. Three of our Board members will complete their 2-year terms (Wendy Willemsen, Wendolyn Sanchez, and Arnaldo Palma). These members are all running for re-election. If you would also like to nominate someone for one of these three positions, please use the nomination form that is available at this link.http://www.discoveryschool.edu.hn/forms/2012-2013/BoardNominationForm.pdf
- THE CHRONICLES OF DISCOVERY GALA — The Chronicles Gala is this Friday, May 17, 2013. This formal, black tie event is modeled after the Oscars in that there will be pomp and extravagance, live entertainment and hors d’oeuvres, photographers and a quartet. It is a celebration of literature and art, specifically for the Chronicles of Discovery Literary and Art magazine.
The Gala begins at 7:00 p.m. May 17, 2013. Purchase your tickets for L. 100 from any AP English Composition student, Mr. Fenn, or Carolina. (EL Heraldo and TN5 will be covering the event.)
- DPTO GARAGE SALE – The DPTO will have an Open Garage Sale on Saturday, May 25. The price per stand is L.500.00 please contact the DPTO officers for further information or email firstname.lastname@example.org .
- DISCOVERY ZONE 4 – Our Summer Camp is back, beginning June 10. If you are interested in enrolling your child(ren) please stop by the office to pick up the registration form or access the form on our website (www.discoveryschool.edu.hn) Great discounts are available!
For Grades 5 – 11 only:
- SUMMER SCHOOL – The teachers from grades 5-11 have identified the students who are candidates for Summer School. Formal communication from the Area Administration will be taking place in the following weeks. Please contact Ms. Gloria Palacios for further information.