Who were the Romans?
Why did the British lead the revolution?
Grade 7 South America Geography Study Guide
1. What is the largest river system in South America?
2. What body of water is between Montevideo and Buenos Aires?
3. Name the long, thin country in South America.
4. What is the largest lake in South America?
5. What is the main mountain range in South America?
6. What lake in Venezuela is really a bay of the Caribbean Sea?
7. The largest oil finds in South America are in _____________
8. What country has 2 capitals?
10. What country speaks English?
11. What country speaks Dutch?
12. Name the place that is still part of France.
13. What country speaks Portugese?
14. What is the main religion?
15. What empire did the Spanish find in Peru?
16. What country moved to a new capital in 1960?
17. Name the countries and capitals of Pacific South America (9 points)
18. Name the countries and capitals of the Caribbean South America (10 points)
19. Name the counties and capitals of Atlantic South America (8 points)
Be able to answer these questions for the Test.
1. What is Mesa Verde?
2. Where did the Anasazi live: a) USA b) Canada c) Mexico e) Central America
3. Where did the Maka live?
4. Did they live in the Bering Strait? YES NO
5. What was the animal the Maka hunted most?
6. What was the Sioux war in 1862 called?
7. In this war 284 (Sioux) men died. TRUE FALSE
8. There were 2 Sioux wars. TRUE FALSE
9. The Apache had muskets (guns) in 1492. TRUE FALSE
10. Apaches lived in the mountains and on the plains. TRUE FALSE
11 to 14. What are the states that make the 4 corners?
15/16. Define circumnavigate:
17/18. What was the Spanish Armada?
19. In 1492 Columbus sailed the ocean ____________
Match the people with the country. Write the country name next to the person. Use each country once.
England, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal
20. Ferdinand and Isabella
21. Sir Francis Drake
22. Henry the Navigator
23. Christopher Columbus
Who sailed to Africa, India and North America?
25. Henry Hudson
26. Vasco Da Gama
28. What is a caravel?
29. What is the name of your explorer?
(The one you chose to research)
30. Your explorer’s journal will be written by hand TRUE FALSE
31. You will include a detailed map TRUE FALSE
32. It is due February 25, the day Mr. Cozart comes back TRUE FALSE
33. You will make a presentation on the exploration to Mr. Cozart TRUE FALSE
34. This project is very interesting and fun! TRUE FALSE